Ep. 96 – Comfort Zone Vs. Trading Zone with Akil Stokes
This week on episode 96 of the Two Blokes Trading podcast:
- This week we talk comfort zone vs. trading zone with our guest Akil Stokes from Tier One Trading https://tieronetrading.com/
- Tom perfects his blogging techniques.
- #BrandonWisdom shows its ugly head once again
- Akil shows us what he is made of now that he is a new podcast host himself
Trader interview with Akil Stokes
Akil Stokes is a long-time friend of the Two Blokes podcast. He has been kicking around the forex space for over a decade now. He is a co-founder of Tier One Trading https://tieronetrading.com/ and now a big shot podcast host.
Check out Akil’s podcast called “The Trading Coach Podcast” on iTunes and Spotify. This is not an interview style podcast like how us Two Blokes work. This is Akil doing a quick data dump of excellent trading related insights that he feels are going to help you progress as a trader and achieve your goals.
Main Topics Discussed:
- Having an emergency plan when your internet connection dies.
- 3 year old children will defeat you if you are not prepared.
- Akil launches his new Trading podcast called “The Trading Coach Podcast”.
- Akil interviews Tom on his beginning impressions of Tier One Trading.
- Tom lets us know how he is progressing through the material. You can check out his journey at this link: https://twoblokestrading.com/tier-one-trading-review/
- Simple teaching is better than over teaching.
- Brandon discovers he over teaches, or as we call it “waffles on”.
- A community of like-minded traders helps us all work better and more efficiently.
- Betting on yourself and knowing what you are made of.
- What a comfort zone is and how you should come to terms with the realities of your comfort zone.
- Are you doing what you need just to survive or are you pushing yourself.
- Becoming a successful trader means you are going to have to break out of your comfort zone.
- Why do we feel bad around others when we are taking the road less travelled?
- Traders are entrepreneurs.
- Trading is just like sports.
- Just because you have success doesn’t mean that it’s here to stay….if you stop doing the things that made you successful in the first place.
- “In times of adversity you sink to the level of your training”.
- Akil remembers a time shooting a video where his filming partner likely tried to kill him….in fairness it was a fight scene!
- Stick to what you do every day even when the market is doing nothing. You never know when you are going to have a lot of great trading opportunities.
- Back test your strategies to gain confidence in your trading.
Akil Fight Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVZZpD7iGjY&t=733s (NB Akil no longer works for this company!).
Where you can Learn More about Akil?
The best place to find him is at https://tieronetrading.com/
Twitter: @AkilStokesRTM https://twitter.com/AkilStokesRTM
The FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/TierOneTrading/
You can follow Tom’s journey through his Tier One Trading experience at: https://twoblokestrading.com/tier-one-trading-review/