104 – Emerging Markets, Hacks and Heists… In that order
- Tom proves he’s lacking in the friends department
- Our guest host Tony Greer provides his analysis on an emerging markets trade idea
- Pim Handgraaf, a lifetime listener of the show and TBT crypto community enthusiast explains and entertains with all things Hacks and Heists within the Cryptocurrency world!
Guest Interview – Pim Handgraaf:
Pim is a lifetime listener of the show and shifted his focus from forex to crypto. We have him on to educate us on why it is a bad idea to leave your crypto investments stored on an online exchange.
We discuss the 3 biggest crypto hacks ever, which all took place on exchanges, and talk about the details on how these hacks took place. We finish up with UK’s first real life BTC robbery, and a mean little trick pulled off by a clever fellow.
It proves to be an entertaining yet educative episode in which the community is directly involved!
Main Topics Discussed:
– Tom has no friends left
– Tony Greer on emerging markets
– Are crypto exchanges secure?
– The Bitfinex hack
– How come hacks happen on exchanges?
– The infamous Mt. Gox hack
– Where did all the BTC / money go?
– The largest (ever) CoinCheck hack
– UK’s first real life BTC robbery
– The trick used online to scam the scammers