This week on episode 110 of the Two Blokes Trading podcast:
- Tom welcomes back old Two Blokes friend, Doc Holiday(@DDS_DocHoliday) to discuss how he got into trading and how his blossoming friendship with the Two Blokes started.
- Doc started the conversation by going into the challenges he experienced when learning how to trade.
- Tom get’s into a recent tweet that Doc shared and it leads to some tips about getting over losing trades and how his trading has evolved over the years.
Guest Interview with Doc Holiday
Tom welcomes Doc Holiday back to the podcast to share his trading story and journey. Doc works with Vox Markets and his bread and butter lies in small cap stocks and has been trading for 8 years now. He shares how he got into trading, some of the lessons he has learned along the way. When he’s not trading you can find him on Twitter(@DDS_DocHoliday), and he’s also now podcasting his thoughts on the markets on SoundCloud(soundcloud.com/doc-h-4).
Main Topics Discussed:
- Tom finds out how Doc’s first Two Blokes interaction came about
- ‘Old war horses’ showed Doc the light and guided him towards investing and trading
- Doc explains how he trades small cap stocks mainly
- “I don’t think humans do that well on their own, we need to come together as a group” – Doc
- The importance of a good mentor or place to learn to trade
- Doc explains the origins of him taking the moniker ‘Doc Holiday’
- A bit of reflection on the recent World Cup, where Tom and Doc bond over their temporary interest in football
- Doc talks about how he uses social media and why he started his own podcast
- “I believed that research and due would be the key to success in the future.” – Doc
- How do you get over losing large amounts?
- The blossoming Trump/Putin bromance
- The best piece of advice for new traders!
Two Blokes Sponsor
Today’s episode is sponsored by Bizintra Financial Academy. Bizintra offers sponsored trading programmes that have been developed by professional traders. Don’t pay a fortune to learn how to trade. Simply sign up by using one of their partner brokers and receive trading education and signals by institutional traders.
Want to Talk Shop with the Two Blokes Community?
Go to www.twoblokestrading.com/discord and you will automatically be taken to our Discord invite page where you can log in or sign up to be directed to our group.
Please keep it classy in a Two Blokes sort of way and feel free to contribute stuff of value.